Skip to main content
WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU TO APPLY FOR A NEW CARD:
- A valid Ohio photo identification with current mailing address.
- If your photo ID does not have the current address, you may present a utility bill, bank mailing, or other business mail as proof of address.
- This applies to all adults over the age of 18
- Patrons under the age of 18 must have a parent or legal guardian come into the Library to request a card.
- The parent or legal guardian of the minor patron must show identification (as stated above) and if they have a library card, it must be fine free.
- The parent or legal guardian is responsible for all materials checked out on the minor patron's card.
FOR ALL OTHER PATRONS
- Non-residents of Ohio may get a Library card providing they meet the following criteria:
- Provide proof of their permanent address with a picture ID issued by their home State
- Provide proof of their local/temporary address with a piece of mail (utility bill, etc.)
- Pay $35 cash which is the yearly fee for non-residents.
- Temporary residents must provide both permanent and temporary addresses.
- Out-of-state students attending an institution of higher learning must provide their permanent and college addresses.
- No other out-of-state residents will be issued a library card.
OTHER INFORMATION ABOUT OUR LIBRARY CARDS
- If a library card is lost, you will be charged $1.00 to replace it.
- You must present your own Library card or photo identification in order to check out materials.
- Under no circumstance may a patron use another person's Library card.
- Library cards will not be issued if it is within 15 minutes of closing.
- Patrons will be advised to take a Library card application with them to fill out and return at another time.
- All new library cards will be under a temporary status for the first three months. Temporary status involves:
- First checkout limit of two items
- Every checkout for three months has a limit of five items.
- After three months (if card is found to be in good standing) permanent status is acquired and checkout limits are increased.